Only when you want to. In pedal assist mode the motor automatically provides assistance proportionate to the rider’s pedalling effort. The harder the rider pedals, the more the assistance the system will provide. In throttle mode, the rider can propel the bike without pedalling.
Articles in this section
- Why hub motor vs mid drive?
- Do I need to pedal?
- How long will the battery last?
- Where can I purchase an OHM?
- Can the battery recharge while riding?
- Are there any fast-chargers for batteries?
- What will happen if the batteries on my OHM become completely depleted?
- Where do I find the serial number on my bike?
- How can I evaluate E-bike performance?
- How fast can an OHM travel?